After a fine 3.2 victory over the league leaders Woodchurch last Sunday, The Dock were looking to carry that form into todays game against Bidston.

Dock lined up with Paul Roberts in goal, Ray Redmond, Ian Brute, Craig Johnson and Ross Carragher along the back four. Mick Saunders and Mark Head occupied the wide midfield positions with Mick McGraa partnered by Craig Donaghy in central midfield. Gary Reay and Gareth McEvoy were preferred in attack.

A largely non event was witnessed for the first half hour until The Dock burst into life with 3 goals in the space of 6 minutes. Mark Head got himself into a good position on the half hour mark to deliver a low cross into the six yard box to be met with a close range diving header from Gary Reay to make it 1.0.

Two minutes later the alert McEvoy latched onto a mistake by the keeper , dispossessing him when attempting to control a backpass from his defender. This left McEvoy with an empty net to simply roll the ball into, which he duly did. 2.0.

The Dock where starting to look dangerous and on 36 minutes scored again. McGraa and Saunders worked the opening down the flank with Saunders picking out Gary Reay who slotted for his 2nd of the day. The game could of been put out of sight just on half time, when Saunders again put in by McGraa, crossed for Reay, only to see the header fly just over the bar.

After the break, Bidston got themselves back into it when they beat the offside trap to leave a one on one with Roberts ,which they took to make it 3.1 with plenty of the game left. On 63 minutes the Referee awarded a dubious penalty against Johnson when he was adjudged to have fouled the Bidston forward. The resulting penalty going under the dive of Roberts in goal. 3.2.

The resulting 25mins saw The Dock miss a couple of chances to put the result out of reach and the game ended up with The Dock taking the 3 points to go top of the league for the first time this season.

A.Johnson for McEvoy.
B. Holmes for Donaghy
C. O’Hanlon for Head

Hannon, Donaghy.

M.O.M. Gary Reay.

Report By Mike Stephens