GoalScorerRobboReport From The Stockport News
The 13th proved an unlucky day for Real Reform in their Cheshire FA Sunday Cup replay against Dock FC. A sending off in the twenty-fifth minute didn’t help their cause. Lee Mcgregor was shown the red card, for retaliation, but he watched bitterly disappointed with himself, although proud of his team mates, who battled all the way, and, like in the first game, were unlucky not to get the result.

Both keepers, Ian Habershon and Dock’s Paul Roberts (pictured left), were tested in the goalless first half. Jason Whalley went close from a Steve Mallinson free kick, and, at the other end, Mike Saunders somehow managed to miss the target from six yards out.

In the opening minute of the second half, Mark Head’s shot clipped the top of Real’s bar. This was followed by the first of a couple of controversial decisions. Ben Brooks dribbled his way through on the left, and his cross bounced off the back of Dock’s Ross Carragher for what seemed a perfectly good own goal, but the linesman’s flag went up to spoil the goal celebrations.

Real did not have to wait long for a celebration, Brooks beating the offside trap this time and sliding the ball under Roberts for the opening goal. Another debatable decision, this time in the Real penalty area, saw Dock awarded a penalty when the referee, Peter Davies, adjudged, that the ball had hit Rob Gibson on the hand, Gibson, claiming vehemently that it had hit him in the stomach. From the spot, Mark Head sent Habershon the wrong way for the equaliser.

Real hit back, with Mallinson scraping the bar with his side-footed shot and the impressive Mark Head, who was on Wrexham’s books last season, set up Craig Johnson for what should have been a late winner for the Dock.

Dean Forrester, came on in extra time for the very tired Ben Brooks. The Real defence, once again superbly marshalled by Gibson and Matty Hurst, were undone for the first time when sub Mick McGraa put top scorer Gary Reay through, to put the visitors in the lead. After another couple of efforts were cleared, Reay got his second.

It looked all over, but the battling spirit of Real showed when subs Jon Wood and Dean Forrester combined to put the game back in the melting pot, Forrester superbly finishing off Wood’s cross.

In a bizarre ending, with the Dock team back-pedalling, keeper Ian Habershon galloped down the wing, and his cross, which found Roberts, saw Forrester bing off the save of the match to rob Real of the equaliser. At the resulting corner, Habershon, who had stayed up to take it, saw his cross taken easily by Roberts, who punted it upfield for the unmarked Reay to casually walk the ball into the empty net, a cruel end to Real Reform’s cup hopes. Their two performances were a credit not only to themselves, but also the league.

Report From Birkenhead Sunday League
The Dock came through a tricky replay away at Real Reform in the Cheshire Cup 3rd round thanks to an unbelievable strike from goalkeeper Paul Robinson. With both sides locked at 2-2 after 90 minutes it was up to hero Robbo to fire home from all of 99-yards. Gary Reay was again at the double and that was after Mark Head had given the Hoops the lead from the penalty spot.

(So who did score the last goal – Gary or Robbo? Send in your answers using the comment icon below.)